Civilitude is excited to welcome Mike Reyes to the team. Mike will serve as a Principal and the Director of Civil Engineering, leading our team of engineers and drafters and working closely with other Civilitude principals.
This year, Civilitude celebrates its 10th anniversary. It was 10 years ago that Fayez Kazi started Civilitude out of his dining room. He had a vision for a firm focused on the growth of its employees first. A firm that shared access, responsibilities and contacts. For the first employee of Civilitude, Fayez hired Nhat Ho who was a former student of his at the University of Texas. Together, Fayez and Nhat have built Civilitude into one of the fastest growing Civil Engineering and Land Development firms in Central Texas. In 2019, Civilitude was named the 8th fastest growing company (small business category) in Central Texas by the Austin Business Journal as part of their Fast 50 event.
Now, Fayez is excited to bring on another former student in Mike Reyes. Originally from San Antonio, Mike came to Austin to attend the University of Texas where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering. He is a licensed engineer in the State of Texas.
Here’s what Mike said about joining the Civilitude team: “Civilitude is a local, growing, talented engineering firm that shares the values that I believe in to create diverse and complete communities in Austin and beyond. I knew I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to join the team.”
Mike got into Civil Engineering and Land Development because he enjoys being able to solve problems, no matter how big or small, that affect everyone’s quality of life. “We can literally leave the building we’re in and safely travel essentially anywhere across the country…along a path with infrastructure designed by engineers,” Mike said.
Mike loves Austin. Why? “Barbeque, mostly,” he said. “But seriously, I love Austin’s growing culture, values, and natural surroundings. The people here are some of the friendliest and most accepting that I’ve ever met. I’ve been fortunate enough to call Austin home since 2002, and plan on living here for many more years,” he added.
Here are some of the major projects Mike has worked on:
• Waterloo Greenway (Waller Creek) Framework Plan – A comprehensive research and investigation effort of the post-Waller Creek tunnel conditions along Waller Creek and preparation of the plan that will guide the redevelopment of Waterloo Greenway.
• Canopy Walk Pedestrian Bridge at the Fairmont Hotel – An outdoor aerial pedestrian walkway connecting the Fairmont Hotel to the Austin Convention Center, spanning over Red River Street and Waller Creek.
• Belterra Village Shopping Center – One of the largest mixed-use commercial projects in the Dripping Springs area.
• Bark & Zoom Pet Hotel at ABIA – A state-of-the-art pet hotel and parking facility located on ABIA property – personal favorite that I use every time I fly out of ABIA.
• H-E-B Curbside Additions – Retrofitting existing H-E-Bs with the latest Curbside Pickup facilities.
Civilitude is overjoyed to have Mike join our growing team. We believe he is another piece of the puzzle that will help us continue to grow and provide top of the line service to our clients.